Thursday, March 23, 2006

"conversations on soteriology", or 'what does it mean to be saved?' PART THREE

From: ****[mailto:***@wmsdist.com] Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:47 AMTo: David McDonaldSubject: Do I get it?

Ok... I GET IT... I think?! I did a lot of thinking, reading, praying, thinking, talking, reading, etc; yesterday and this is the conclusion I have gathered from your response....

It's not that I have been "doing" things wrong the whole time, it's just the understanding was/is now different. Correct me if I'm wrong but what I am getting is you can be "saved" by acknowledging Jesus was sent to die for humanity's sins, and to bridge the way for God and man to have an earthly and eternal relationship. Acknowledging Jesus would get you a parking space in Heaven, but that would be about it if you only acknowledged him- thus the term you can be saved and not be a Christian, like Amish, or Catholics.

I understand what you are saying when you talk about what it means to be a Christian and since thoroughly reading this I can honestly say I've been placing God on a lower level than what he should be on. I thought last night. "What really makes God angry ____?" Was I putting too much emphasis on the little things? Then I started thinking about the things that really enrage God...were these the same things that enraged me? My answer was yes, however, there were more things bothering me than God.

I know what you are saying about the divine adjudication and it was the same thing I was thinking. There are only a couple questions I have, other than those on the email I sent you last night re: WestWinds. Why would someone believe in Jesus but not be a Christian? And if all you have to do is believe in Jesus to get into Heaven then why follow Christ?

These last couple of questions you might not be able to answer and that is ok; they don't really apply to me because I want to follow him, I think he deserves at least that much... but sometimes I doesn't quite feel like I'm following him, it's more like running after him out of breath; but what would I say to someone if they asked me these questions? Because it's the right thing to do - ok yes, but there are some I know who don't just go with the flow.

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You've cleared up... I think ...a few important questions of mine for a long time.

Talk to you soon,~_____

No comments:

Post a Comment