Thursday, April 03, 2008

prayer for the end of perfection

Lord -

I willingly let go of my need for a perfect life.
I choose to accept the difficulties, the pains, and the burdens
of this life – as you, first and also, accepted its troubles.

I choose to accept the joys of this life.
I choose to take them seriously:
to give them thought and attention,
to celebrate them and share them,
to honor them and thank you for them.

You suffered and died.
I, too, must suffer in many ways and die.
please help me to accept this
more and more every day.

You laughed and loved.
I, too, must laugh many times and love many others.
Please help me to accept this
more and more every day.

Forgive me for my failings,
and help me follow you more wholly
as I embrace the life you have given me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment