Wednesday, September 17, 2008

genesis feedback (name withheld)

Dave - I just wanted you to know how much that I appreciate you (again)! You have helped me to grow more spiritually in the last three years than I grew my entire life.

Thank you for tackling this subject. As the evidence of old earth kept coming up in many ways over the years I had no way to reconcile Biblical Creation with science so I had to throw out (or misinterpret) the scientific evidence.

The last couple years this battle between the Biblical Creation account and science has really come to a head for me. The scientific evidence kept piling up until it couldn’t be denied. But the Bible story is so different. So how was I supposed to reconcile the Bible and science? They seemed so opposite! I have really struggled with it, loosing sleep, questioning the authenticity of the Bible and consequently questioning the very existence of God. (Somehow I couldn’t quite throw God out.) This science vs. Biblical creation has sure tested and shook my faith because I couldn’t reconcile the two. I didn’t know what to do with it.

So I thank God for you. You have given me the resources to come to terms with this issue. Now I can make sense of it. I don’t fully understand it all, I still have some important questions that need to eventually be answered but I know that in time those will be understood too. God is like that.

Thanks again. You have steadied and refounded my faith.

I have read ahead in your teaching atlas and I know you have some tough things still to address. I’ll be praying for you. It’s got to be tough for you. But keep going. We need to know these things. Thank you for being authentic and culturally relevant and addressing tough issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment