Saturday, October 11, 2008

monkey suit

i'm like pavlov's dog...preprogrammed for a certain response

i'm wearing a suit for the 2nd time in 8 days and my preprogramming is kicking in. i feel holier, more distant, less concerned with imagination and more preoccupied with control...it's bad.

the suit is fine, actually - i'm pimping out the tom ford look, as best as i'm able - but it's all my associations from the suit-era that make it weird.

even my posture is different, like i've misplaced a bike seat or something.

they say the suit makes the man, and - in my case - it's true.

i'm the man.

the man i don't want to be.

i wonder how my dad does it? he's a great man, in good suits, and they don't weird him out at all. other guys do it too, so it just must be something in my programming.

i've got no politic, no skill with embassy

of course, innovation and politics are usually unwelcome bedfellows, so i guess it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment