Sunday, May 15, 2011

re-writing the great commission (a paraphrase and an exegesis)

I am the rightful ruler of everyone and everything everywhere.

Lord over the cosmos, over the planet, over the environment, culture and economy.

Lord over every living and non-living thing on earth, and over all the people who live - or have lived or ever will live - here.

Lord over angels and demons, over thrones and powers and principalities, over structures and governments and natural laws.

Lord over every person and place in the invisible worlds.

So go tell everybody. Help them understand who's at the top of the food chain. Get them learning my Ways and following me.

Baptize them in the name of the Father - who sent me, and from whom I've received my authority - and the Son and the Holy Spirit - who empowered me to claim and to demonstrate this authority and who will also help you to enforce it.

All of you should live like me, with my Spirit inside you to help.

And, as you do , you can be sure of one thing: you'll never be alone. I will always be with you through the power and the presence of my Spirit, until this season of conflict and corruption ends, and all the darkness of sin and Satan has been obliterated, and things are once more the way they were originally intended to be in the beginning.

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment