Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How To Do Ministry: update

My ongoing quest to help people not suck at their jobs


     THE PROBLEM:
I want to create a repository of practical tools and biblical insights concerning the spiritual life of a congregation.

OTHER PROPOSED SOLUTIONS:
I have to find a model that allows for the hybridization of what we do as pastors.
The purpose of a model is to help others make sense of a huge amount of information. In order to do this, you have to have a framework for them to see inside your head. I’m currently working with 4 major categories: leadership, spirituality, communication, and engagement. But each category has crossover points.
The orrery model for pastoral leadership was a total bust. Too complex. Only I could make sense of it. It was pretty, but dumb.
After an orrery, I tried a 4-way Venn diagram. This also proved to be far too complex for anyone to view and immediately understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment