Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A tricky time turning off...

I've been back from sabbatical for about 3weeks so far, and I'm noticing a significang difference in my work: I can't stop.

Normally, I do a really good job of turning off my "work brain" when I walk in the front door of our home. I turn off my cell phone, ignore my twitter and facebook feeds, and only check my voicemails and emails at 7pm and 9pm just in case there are any emergencies. This way, I prioritize my family and ensure that I rest and am right with God for the next day.

But, since coming back from sabbatical, none of my normal "unplugging" rituals are working very well. I can't stop thinking about all there is to do at the winds - I'm concerned about our metrics, about our staff, about our plans for the future, about being faithful to God, etc.

Hopefully i'll snap out of it soon. I like the unplugged version of myself better.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Must be something in the air. I've been feeling the same way. Let me know if you figure out how to get past it!

    ReplyDelete