Tuesday, January 01, 2008

africa 3

Len had a piece this afternoon about contextual intelligence. He made mention that we're all required to know our context in order to know what has displaced the natural order/harmony of that context, so we can remedy the sickness/situation.

I've always found it easy and invigorating to learn and investigate the ww context, but much harder and less rewarding to learn the jackson/midwest context. This bit of discomfort I think is a further clue into my larger thinking about sacred space and geospirituality.

'Tell me where you're from and I'll tell you who you are.'

I'm from a place and a time and a cultural context. The specifics (I.e. Vancouver, new millenia, post-christian commonwealth) I think are less important than the tune or temperature of those things...but only time will tell.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment