Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back in the Saddle

After 10 fantastic weeks with my family on sabbatical i have just returned to work at the winds. I love it here.

A few words about the sabbatical...first, it was an excellent time of rest and recovery. I read no theology, did no studying, and the only work i did was on my house. I slept in every day, stayed up late with carmel every night, allowed my kids to stay up late while we all read "the hobbit" or watched nickelodeon's "avatar: the last airbende" and took as many naps as possible.

God was pleased.

This was also the perfect family time. Everything we did (with the exception of a week in vegas) we did with our kids. It was cool to live life as if i were 6 years old again. Everything was wonderful. I love toys.

And now i'm back at work - and i'm very happy about it. During our time away Carmel and i were both filled with an incredible thankfulness. We have a fantastic life, a great family, and there is nowhere else i would rather serve Jesus than at Westwinds in Jackson.

God is good, all the time.

More later...maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment